A couple Saturdays ago I got to be part of a great conversation with Mary and Lisa (two of the most cheerful servants I know) about Christian service and the joys of serving others. Also that week I was able to talk with Elsa about taking time for private worship. Then on Monday with Aura about missions, martyrdom, and complete surrender to Christ. Thursday with Don about evangelism and the beauty of working together in the body of Christ. Friday with Paul about discovering new things while reading Genesis and Exodus. Yesterday and today with Becky about prayer and hanging in there even when it seems like God is not answering.
Looking back on each of these conversations, I see how God has been filling out my understanding of the spiritual disciplines we've been studying on Thursday nights through the living, breathing examples He has placed in my life.
Has anyone else been having similar experiences? What have you been learning about spiritual disciplines as you put them into practice during the week? How has the practice of spiritual disciplines impacted your days?
Yup, this is an invitation to comment!
See you in the comment box!
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If you ever want to learn more about the spiritual discipline of sarcasm, feel free to give me a call.
Post a Comment