Tuesday, July 22, 2008

let us consider

Hey all,

I know that there are people checking this blog, waiting for something new, and not finding anything. So, here's something new . . .

And it's interactive . . .

And exciting . . .

And YOU need to participate (yes, Y-O-U).

In the comments section, would everybody post one area where you have seen the blessing of God in your life so far this summer? It doesn't have to be long, but I know that it will be an encouragement to all of us to see testimony of the work that He is accomplishing among us.

Here's one passage that's driving my thoughts here:

Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Hebrews 10:19-25

Looking forward to your replies . . .

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh good, mine is easy. :p

Today, I was periodically checking to see whether an opening had appeared for the physics class I need to take next semester. The first few times I checked it was full, and so I prayed and asked God to make an opening. I checked again about half an hour later, and sure enough there was an opening. :-)

It got me thinking about how unlikely I am to drop a class after signing up for it... I have my classes in mind before the semester, knowing what I need to take and having a fair idea what I'm capable of... Maybe other people operate differently, but it's a pain to wait for them to mail back a cheque, so dropping classes isn't something I do often. For someone to drop it today, after I prayed and when I was looking... That's amazing!

It might not seem significant, what's one class? However, God has a plan for my life, and His plan includes me taking that class in the coming semester. I can't tell how exactly I'm going to benefit from taking it now rather than later but I do know that I will. :-)

It was a welcome bit of good news for God to turn that up for me!

Emily said...

One thing I'm especially grateful for is that we read Acts 18 together in Sunday School.

I remember being very encouraged by Acts 18:5-11 when we studied it with Don a couple of years ago. It always amazes me that God says to Paul "Do not be afraid . . . I am with you."

Sometimes when we share Christ we feel like we are talking to a wall -- that there is no fruit from what we say and that we are just spouting gibberish that means nothing to the listeners. Even harder is a case like Paul's, where there is active persecution.

I just love it that the Scripture honestly talks about those times of discouragement, and that we can still be encouraged along with Paul:

And the Lord said to Paul one night in a vision, "Do not be afraid, but go on speaking and do not be silent, for I am with you, and no one will attack you to harm you, for I have many in this city who are my people." And he stayed a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.

jessi said...

Let's see.
most of you know that my mom has been looking for a stable job, going on 8 months, and God has still provided for us. My mom is afraid she might lose the house, but we are still here and I think it will all work out for the best, but this situation has brought us closer and we are growing together. It is still scary, but I have faith that everything will work out as He sees fit.

Anonymous said...

Semmi and I have been able to spend lots of time together this summer just relaxing and enjoying each other's company. The Lord has reminded me nearly every single morning this summer that His mercies are new every morning and his love endures forever. It's been a blessing to wake up to that thought in my mind all summer long.