“Every day offereth you more and more mercies; and will you despise and lose them? If you were heirs to land, or had an annuity, which amounted but to a hundred pounds a year, and you were every day to receive a proportionable part of it, or lose it; would you lose it through neglect, and say, I will begin to receive it when I am old? Poor labourers will work hard all the day, that at night they may have their wages: and will you contemptuously lose your every day's mercies, your safety, your communion with God, your daily blessings and his grace, which you should daily beg and may daily receive?”
Thursday, January 31, 2008
From Richard Baxter
Richard Baxter gives a compassionate challenge to seek and find the mercies of God which are new every morning. While reading his encouragement I was reminded of the happiness found by those who recognize their deep and constant need of God's grace in their lives. I hope his words challenge and encourage you to stretch out your hands in petition to God for new mercies moment by moment. I pray you find the happiness of being sustained and carried along by God's grace. Here's the quote from Baxter, you'll notice his English is old, and his words relevant:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks!!
Don
Post a Comment